3 DIY Tips of Going Green for your Home
Posted on: Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 at 5:27 am
Going green for your home is considered to be one of the best types of decision which the home owners must definitely go for. The concept of making green changes at your home is considered to be more prevent and beneficial for the home owners because it is going to provide you up with many of the advantages which you must not go out for missing. Well, there are many DIY tips of going green for your home which can help you in many matters in talking an appropriate decision for letting it to be installed in your home. There are little things which are considered to be eco-friendly changes, which can help you in making small but useful changes in your home is considered to be beneficial for the home owners only.
This article will help you in avoiding with the advice which you can go for while complying with the process of going green for your home. Well, for instance let me help you in the matters of going green for your home like going for better insulation of your home, using less of plastic, going for using renewable resources, etc. and many more of the things which can help you in going green for your home. Not only that but there are many ideas which can help you in the matters of going green for your home which can be considered to be beneficial for your home.
DIY tips of going green for your home
- The first thing which can help you in the matters of going green for your home is the use and making your home to be insulated. Yes, insulation will help you in not letting the cold air travel in your home which can help you in maintaining your home temperature. Adding it will help you in dealing with the leaky walls, or ducts, will improve up the covering of windows, etc. and this will result in to getting your energy consumption to be 20 to 30 percentage of low which is considered to be in the benefits of the home owners.
- Going for such type of cleaners for your home which do not comprise of any of the chemicals which are considered to be not only harmful for your home but the environment too because the waste is going to go up in the nature only. Go for such type of products which comprise of the ingredients which are environment friendly and the fact say that it is not going to harm up your home and help you in going green for your home.
- Another thing which can help you in going green for your home is the use of such materials utensils which are considered to be good for cooking. There are many metals which are considered to be appropriate for cooking. The most common and advisable metals which you can go for cooking is iron, steel and aluminum which can help you in cooking without getting or adjusting your needs so far. They are considered to eco-friendly products which can help you in going green for your home.
Tips To Ventilate Your Home Naturally
Posted on: Wednesday, June 15th, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Ventilation is the process of exchange of indoor air and outdoor air. Ventilating your home is very essential especially when you are having energy efficient and air tight homes. If you have properly ventilated your home then it will prevent buildup of indoor air pollutants. Along with that ventilating your home also controls temperature and moisture in your home.
There are several benefits of ventilating your home
- Properly ventilating your home will prevent any kind of buildup of harmful pollutants in your home.
- Properly ventilating your home will also prevent moisture issues and along with that also prevent mold growth which can lead to wood rot, structural damage and ruined insulation.
- Properly ventilating your home will also control high humidity levels and if it is very high then it will make your AC or your heating system work very hard and it will also help controlling the energy cost and also increases comfort levels.
- Properly ventilating your home will also aid your cooling and heating system and keep your more comfortable by saving you some cost and also increase the life of your HVAC system.
- Here are some of the types of ventilation which will help you ventilate your home in more natural and efficient manner.
Whole house ventilation
Ventilating your home on a whole with fans will reduce the need of air conditioning unit in the home. The powerful sections which are created by whole house fans will exchange the hot air which is present inside your house and bring the cooler air inside the house. The fans which are ceiling mounted will enable to pass the air from your living room to your attic space from where the stale air will escape through vents. If you have installed ducted whole house fans then it will directly pass the hot air outside of your home with the help of ductwork.
Naturally ventilating your home is usually found in the older homes. You can ventilate your home by opening all the doors and all the windows in the house. By ventilating your home in this manner hot air will automatically pass out of your house through windows and doors and fresh and cool air will also naturally enter your home and make your ventilation effective. Try and open your windows in the morning and evening as the atmosphere will be cool outside and close them afternoon to restrict the heat to enter your home. S
Properly ventilating your home includes giving focus on properly ventilating your attic space and crawlspace. Major issue of ventilation is seen in this place only as heat and moisture will be get trapped here as there is no way for them to escape. Try for installing cross ventilation between the ridge and the lines as it will help to control temperature and humidity both in the areas of attic and crawlspace. You can even hire a contr5actor or any professional for installing this structural ventilation and ventilating your home in effective manner.
How to Clean up After Flood
Posted on: Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 at 10:20 am
Flooding is considered to be the basic issues which graves for more than 1000 house average every year. And dealing with it in the same manner is not going to treat you up. So it is important to note down certain things which you need to comply being a home owner of the process of cleaning up after flood in your home. flood can cause many things and damaging effects to your home like the basement can get slumped up, it can damage the interiors of your home, furniture, electrical appliances, etc. and what not which you need to clean up after flood in your home so that you can be able to save up your things which you have installed in your home.
Well, knowing that what you need to comply with at the time of cleaning up after flood is your right and in accordance to my views this article will help you in a better manner to get through the process of cleaning up after flood at your home. There are certain things which you must comply when you are going for the process of cleaning up after flood in your home are like taking off all the furniture out from your home, drying up all the areas which has been affects by the flood, etc. And what not are considered to be important thing for the home owners to deal with when they are going for cleaning up after flood in their home.
How to clean up after flood
- The first and the foremost thing which the home owners need to comply when you are cleaning up after flood is to coordinate and get in to contact with your insurance comply because every home owner have took the insurance for their home which can help them in getting the compensating amount which they have been paying the premium of.
- Secondly important thing which the home owner must comply with when they are cleaning up after flood is to dry up all the water which has been accumulated in your home. Make the use of the sump pump for the basement and this will help you in removing all the accumulated water out from it. Another thing which can help you is boiling off all the water which is affecting your home.
- As we know that flood not only damages our home interiors and exteriors but also gets accumulated mud which has been placed in our home because of the flood. So clean up after flood will help you in getting out from all this things. After cleaning and drying p with the water, take off all the mud which has been present in your home because this will help you and give you brief idea about the thing which you need to comply next.
- After doing this now it is time to remove up all the furniture which has been damaged and take them out so that they can easily dry up in the humid atmosphere which is present out there. It is very important process so that these steps can be easily complied in a better manner when you are cleaning up after flood.
Ways To Create Energy Efficient Homes
Posted on: Friday, June 26th, 2015 at 10:39 am
In this modern time, most of the people are hunting for various ways to be more and more energy efficient. The reality is, people want to do anything in fact everything through which they can save energy not only for the betterment of environment but also it can help them save some of the money in the long term. Energy efficient homes has several advantages like reduction of unnecessary energy usage, conservation of energy, emission of green house gases and demand of non renewable resources. Energy efficient homes more savings as compared to conventional homes. Here are some of the ways to create energy efficient homes.
Improve insulation in your home
The basic and initial step you should take to create energy efficient homes is to improve the insulation of your home. In winter months when there is extreme cold, you might be spending a lot on heating your house if does not have a proper insulation. This can increase your cost to great extent and it could also be harmful to the environment. Thus important thing to do is to have a proper insulation, apply smart insulating technique and have weather stripping in your home and take a step towards creating energy efficient homes.
Consider replacing your window
Your windows can also be one of the reason because of which you can lose heat during the cold winter months and lose cool air during the hot summer days. This can cost you a lot when it comes to your energy bills. The old windows are not that energy efficient as it ought to have. If you want energy efficiency in your home then consider having double panel windows and other vinyl frames instead of using single panel windows and aluminum frames. For more energy efficiency, you can also consider tinting windows and keep your blinds open so that light enters your home and this is not going to cost even a single penny.
Use compact fluorescent bulbs
If your home is having those older bulbs then you must keep in mind that you are using much more energy then you should be using. This is the reason why people are switching to florescent bulbs. You might think that it is little bit up front but over a period of time, it will be saving much of the money. The capacity of lasting of fluorescent bulbs is 12 times more as compared to the regular incandescent bulbs. You can create a mix of fluorescent bulbs and incandescent bulbs and you will be able see a drastic change in your energy bills.
Look for energy efficient appliances
If you are buying any new appliances for your home then try to make your home more energy efficient appliances by buying appliances which consumes less energy. Try to buy such appliances which have the logo of HE. Appliances having HE logo are energy star certified appliances and will consume less energy. It can be possible that it can cost bit more in the beginning but it is more of a kind of investment.
Eco – Friendly Tips to Save Cash
Posted on: Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 at 10:06 am
Use Cloth Napkins
Using cloth napkins instead of paper napkins is an advantageous move. They are more durable, reduce expense, save cash, and reduce trash. It even saves energy used in transporting and processing your waste. Recyclable paper napkin can prove to be beneficial for planet but it’s even better to not to have anything to recycle. Go green and become eco-friendly through use of cloth napkins.
Eat less meat
Meat is not so good for the environment. Looking from the money perspective, it is also not cheap. For a matter of fact seventy percent of the Amazon rainforest has been destroyed to raise cows. The production of meat results in more carbon emissions than any other protein. It doesn’t mean you should go completely vegetarian but at least lessen your quantity of meat in order to improve environment and also to save money. Go cost effective and eco-friendly with less meat.
Grow your own food
Growing your own food is not so complicated and tough as it sounds. Growing your own food results in the reduction of carbon footprints of Sasquatch-sized, all those planes and refrigerated trucks importing berries from South America. Green beans, Cherry tomatoes, salad greens, are considered to be the most valuable food to be grown if you want to go green along with saving money. If you don’t have a garden, you can still grow herbs on your windowsill which helps in going eco-friendly with savings in long run.
There’s something you will be glad to know and it is that” tap water is drinkable”. You are amazed but this fact is totally true. Carrying a BPA –free water bottle with you can save your cost of 3 dollar to purchase bottles from outside-the same cost of 700 gallons of water out of tap at home. Less use of plastic bottles leads to less production and it would ultimately result in benefit to environment. It’s harmful to environment in a manner that 80 % of these plastic bottles cannot be recycled and due to this fact, for producing 1 bottle, three times the amount of water in a water bottle is used. Thus go green and save money by ditching plastic water bottles.
Turn to solar
Turning solar is much advantageous to environment. Not only to environment, it’s also so damn important to you. It saves much of your cost with eco friendly techniques. People are becoming alert about solar usage and thus to encourage them US government also offers tax credits to those who install some panels to supplement their energy expenditure. People are interested but they fear the risk of initial high startup cost. But for relief of your dilemma, some of the companies namely Sun Run, Solar city and Roof Diagnostics are ready to take up that cost for you. If you are in a destination they are working into then they will set up everything for you free of cost and you are able to save at least 10 % of your electricity bill by going eco-friendly but the only condition is that your roof should be in such a position to receive enough sun.
Indoor Hydroponic Vegetable Gardening
Posted on: Monday, April 28th, 2014 at 3:53 am
Hydroponic gardening is the one where crops are cultivated by planting roots into liquid nutrient-solutions rather than the usual practice of planting them in soil. As crops are settled in the fluid nutrient solutions along with gravel, the liquid circulates around roots by circulation pump or wick action. The most basic elements forming the hydroponic fluid nutrient solution include magnesium sulfate, potassium phosphate, calcium nitrate and potassium nitrate. These nutrients should be dissolved fully in the nutrient mix before these are passed through the roots. The other elements that are infused in the hydroponic solution are iron sulfate, copper sulfate, manganese chloride, zinc sulfate & boric acid.
In the initial level, the same nutrient solution has to be used for around 14 days at a stretch. But then the solution must be changed after every seven day.
In case of hydroponic indoor gardening, it’s advised to place the garden where it can receive high traffic & high level of CO2 simultaneously. The other most essential things for a flourishing hydroponic vegetable garden are bright sunlight for 5-6 hours, airy ambience and 45-75 degree C temperature.
Ideal veggies for hydroponic indoor garden
Cucumber- It’s one of the most befitting for your indoor hydroponic vegetable setup. Usually one single creeper would offer you sufficient stock for entire season. You must clip that creeper to main stem & train it to a strong string.
Broccoli- Broccoli is a very nutritious and healthy crop with a lush green head. You are able to grow just 1 plant on each pot- the broccoli simply requires a temperature not more than 60 degrees & airy space.
Spinach- Spinach is a plant enriched in iron content and hence a must have for your kitchen almost every day. However, remember spinach plant would need a stable drainage system and around 3 to 4 inches of spacing.
5 Ways To Reduce Carbon Footprint In Your Home
Posted on: Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 at 4:25 am
It is important for family members to find out the ways of reducing the carbon footprints at your home. The carbon footprint is defined as the evaluation of the carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases that are formed by human action. If you utilize more of fuel, electricity and gas, the carbon footprint will be at the utmost point. Luckily there are various techniques to reduce the carbon footprints of your. Below given are some of the useful tips which you should follow to diminish the carbon footprints. Most of the tips don’t cost you anything.
1. Planting edibles in your patio such as vines, bushes and ground covers reduce the carbon footprints from your home and form a farmer’s market in your own property.
2. Prefer condescended fluorescents in place of incandescent bulbs because the fluorescents bulb offers more advantages and it saves energy. It provides same quantity of light as the incandescent ones but less energy is depleted on producing heat which makes them energy competent which in turn reduces the electric bills.
3. Install water barrels to hold the rain water. You can also lay a small pail in the sink to gather the rain water and use it for gardening purpose.
4. Be alert of food scraps, paper and electronics that are often thrown. Recycle them as soon as possible. Recycling helps to accumulate the natural resources to make the upcoming products. Composting will prove to be very helpful for reducing the volume of food waste in the garbage and help in creating an affluent fertilizer for the garden.
5. Shrink the requirements of copy and print but if you need to copy and print you should print on both sides of the paper. Reprocess the utilization of clips, folders and envelops. You can make use of soy based ink on the recycled paper which is eco friendly.
What Is Eutrophication
Posted on: Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 at 3:04 am
Eutrophication or algal bloom is considered to be the most dangerous and unhealthy condition of a pond that is caused by certain human activities. Humans use a lot of fertilizers in the agricultural fields because of which the runoff from the fields contains excess of nitrates and phosphates. When this runoff reaches different ponds, it pollutes the waters of the ponds to such an extent that algae start growing continuously in large quantities because of which the ponds look absolutely ugly. This unsightly condition of the pond is known as Eutrophication.
The word “Eutrophication” has its origin from a Greek word and that word means “overfed”. When Eutrophication occurs the pond ecosystem turns into a dead ecosystem. When algae start growing in the ponds, the oxygen supply to the aquatic plants and animals is reduced because of which they start dying. Slowly and slowly the aquatic plants and animals are replaced by more and more algae. Algae also produce harmful toxins that can cause severe damage to higher animal forms. This in turn will disrupt the food chain.
Along with agricultural runoff, there are other causes of Eutrophication such as animal excrement, street runoff, organic debris and so on. Eutrophication has recently become the cause of concern for a lot of countries. Many major countries are having conferences in relation to Eutrophication so that this unhealthy condition of ponds and even other water bodies can be avoided by utilizing effective methods.
Once Eutrophication occurs it is very difficult to restore the pond to its previous pristine condition. Aerobic bacteria can be utilized to restore the oxygen supply to the pond. In addition to that, aeration system can also be highly effective in ensuring that the oxygen supply can be restored to the pond efficiently. However, these two methods are not that competent and helpful.
Natural tips to get rid of acne
Posted on: Thursday, November 21st, 2013 at 2:53 am
Acne is a problem that you surely do not want to face. However it is not always in your hands. Even if it happens you must not lose your cool. It is nothing like you cannot handle at ease. Here are a few important guidelines to display what you can do in this connection. Consider taking a look at these natural tips to get rid of acne.
• Use herbal remedies- In order to achieve maximum you should make it a point to use herbal remedies. It is these herbal remedies which are going to be of great assistance to you for sure.
• Use tooth paste – As it comes to the remedial measures you must try the toothpaste out. It may sound a little crazed but it is really going to work. It is going to make you at peace. Using toothpaste is definitely going to work as a natural remedial measure.
• Take advantage of mixed nuts- You should make it a point that you are going to advantage of mixed nuts. You bet that the mixed nuts are going to be great for you. Especially you should try the Brazilian nuts out. Much the Brazilian nuts out and see the difference they make in your life.
Here are a few important as well as natural tips to get rid of acne. You should make it a point that you are going to mull over them pretty seriously and intently. You can bet that you should do that for yo0ur won interests only. If you make it a point that you are going to implement the tips properly then you would definitely find a ravishing change in you. The change is in fact going to be unbelievable for you. There is wonder that you are going to crave for it.
Cleaning Agents are Present in Your Kitchen
Posted on: Friday, November 8th, 2013 at 2:52 am
One of the simple ways in which you can go green is changing your cleaning habits. The manufacturing of these cleaners is done in a harmful manner and is hazardous for you also when you use them in yore house. Just by using simple components that you already have in your house, you can reduce your carbon footprint. There is no need to use harsh chemical and toxic materials to clean your house. Cleaning can be done safely and in a cost effective manner.
Some of the household things which you already have and can be used as cleaning agents are explained here. Baking soda which is easily available in all houses can be conveniently used to clean countertops, removing stains, grease spills, and can also be used in the water while sweeping the floors. A little baking soda kept open in the fridge will help to absorb the entire unwanted and stinky odor and will keep your food fresh. It can also be dusted at the bottom of the garbage buckets. Cornstarch is a deodorizer and can be used to clean your carpets. They can also clean window panes, rugs helps to take off grease stains and makes the clothes crisp for ironing. Lime juice is used to clean stains on aluminum. Washing soda can also remove the stains naturally. It is very useful in cleaning walls, tiles and tubs. You should be extra careful while using it can keep it away from your eyes or nose as it can cause irritation.
Borax is a natural disinfectant and can also be used as an insecticide, herbicide, and moisture absorbent. It can also be used to clean walls, floors and with laundry detergent. Vinegar is also a very cheap and good cleaner. It can be used to remove moulds. It can also be mixed with lemon juice to increase its strength.