Archive for February, 2014
5 Ways To Reduce Carbon Footprint In Your Home
Posted on: Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 at 4:25 am
It is important for family members to find out the ways of reducing the carbon footprints at your home. The carbon footprint is defined as the evaluation of the carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases that are formed by human action. If you utilize more of fuel, electricity and gas, the carbon footprint will be at the utmost point. Luckily there are various techniques to reduce the carbon footprints of your. Below given are some of the useful tips which you should follow to diminish the carbon footprints. Most of the tips don’t cost you anything.
1. Planting edibles in your patio such as vines, bushes and ground covers reduce the carbon footprints from your home and form a farmer’s market in your own property.
2. Prefer condescended fluorescents in place of incandescent bulbs because the fluorescents bulb offers more advantages and it saves energy. It provides same quantity of light as the incandescent ones but less energy is depleted on producing heat which makes them energy competent which in turn reduces the electric bills.
3. Install water barrels to hold the rain water. You can also lay a small pail in the sink to gather the rain water and use it for gardening purpose.
4. Be alert of food scraps, paper and electronics that are often thrown. Recycle them as soon as possible. Recycling helps to accumulate the natural resources to make the upcoming products. Composting will prove to be very helpful for reducing the volume of food waste in the garbage and help in creating an affluent fertilizer for the garden.
5. Shrink the requirements of copy and print but if you need to copy and print you should print on both sides of the paper. Reprocess the utilization of clips, folders and envelops. You can make use of soy based ink on the recycled paper which is eco friendly.