Archive for June, 2016
Tips To Ventilate Your Home Naturally
Posted on: Wednesday, June 15th, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Ventilation is the process of exchange of indoor air and outdoor air. Ventilating your home is very essential especially when you are having energy efficient and air tight homes. If you have properly ventilated your home then it will prevent buildup of indoor air pollutants. Along with that ventilating your home also controls temperature and moisture in your home.
There are several benefits of ventilating your home
- Properly ventilating your home will prevent any kind of buildup of harmful pollutants in your home.
- Properly ventilating your home will also prevent moisture issues and along with that also prevent mold growth which can lead to wood rot, structural damage and ruined insulation.
- Properly ventilating your home will also control high humidity levels and if it is very high then it will make your AC or your heating system work very hard and it will also help controlling the energy cost and also increases comfort levels.
- Properly ventilating your home will also aid your cooling and heating system and keep your more comfortable by saving you some cost and also increase the life of your HVAC system.
- Here are some of the types of ventilation which will help you ventilate your home in more natural and efficient manner.
Whole house ventilation
Ventilating your home on a whole with fans will reduce the need of air conditioning unit in the home. The powerful sections which are created by whole house fans will exchange the hot air which is present inside your house and bring the cooler air inside the house. The fans which are ceiling mounted will enable to pass the air from your living room to your attic space from where the stale air will escape through vents. If you have installed ducted whole house fans then it will directly pass the hot air outside of your home with the help of ductwork.
Naturally ventilating your home is usually found in the older homes. You can ventilate your home by opening all the doors and all the windows in the house. By ventilating your home in this manner hot air will automatically pass out of your house through windows and doors and fresh and cool air will also naturally enter your home and make your ventilation effective. Try and open your windows in the morning and evening as the atmosphere will be cool outside and close them afternoon to restrict the heat to enter your home. S
Properly ventilating your home includes giving focus on properly ventilating your attic space and crawlspace. Major issue of ventilation is seen in this place only as heat and moisture will be get trapped here as there is no way for them to escape. Try for installing cross ventilation between the ridge and the lines as it will help to control temperature and humidity both in the areas of attic and crawlspace. You can even hire a contr5actor or any professional for installing this structural ventilation and ventilating your home in effective manner.