Archive for the ‘Construct Green’ Category
Benefits of Using Eco-Friendly Construction Materials
Posted on: Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Human activities, in order to achieve different things and success in life, have even lead to destruction of the earth’s environment. This all has ultimately resulted into different consequences like depletion of the ozone layer and global warming. Hence being eco-friendly has becomes among the requirement and the responsibility of each and every person now a days. It is only possible by reducing the impact over the environment at each and every stage of our life. It also includes the way of designing and constructing our home. Using eco-friendly construction materials is hence the ultimate choice that home owners should follow while constructing their home. Here are some of the benefits of using eco-friendly construction materials while constructing your home.
Eco-friendly construction materials:
- There are different benefits of eco-friendly construction materials, and one of them is durability. Eco-friendly construction materials are highly durable that helps in lasting for life time. It’s strong enough and durable too. In addition to that, it’s easy to clean and maintain as materials like crock, bamboo, natural fibers, wooden materials, and solar panels are highly renewable and natural.
- All these eco-friendly construction materials are easily available and highly durable in nature. With all these beneficial features, eco-friendly construction materials have gained tremendous popularity during the past few years.
- Even, there are different eco-friendly techniques that are helpful in the modern day eco-friendly construction of buildings. These types of techniques are important for the point of view of labor and materials cost consumption.
- The construction cost by using different eco-friendly techniques is highly affordable for the home owners. It’s easy to maintain and highly cost efficient for the home owners. It’s also longer lasting in nature. In order to increase the sustainability of your home, it’s advisable of using advance framing technology that make the use of wooden materials for the construction purpose.
- As you’re using eco-friendly construction materials in the construction of your home, It helps in great fully reducing the utility bills at your home. As it requires lesser energy for both the cooling and the heating effects in your home.
- The eco-friendly constructions materials used are manufactured using eco-friendly techniques, which are helpful in producing lesser amount of wastage that helps in reducing landfills around the globes.
- The materials used in constructing eco-friendly homes generally includes, low flow toilet, on demand water heaters, programmable thermostat, and insulating materials that helps in controlling the energy consumption bills at your home.
- Hence, you can enjoy a two way conservation of energy, one is by reducing the amount of wastage and the other is by using renewable resources for better usage of energy consumption at your home.
- Eco-friendly construction materials are free from harmful toxic chemicals that might lead in damaging the surrounding your home. Even, many of the construction materials used in the construction of homes helps in improvising the indoor quality of your home. Thus, it is proved that green home improvement leads to a better and healthy environment and the ambience of your home. Different types of eco-friendly construction materials are available easily in the market.
Going green with your construction
Posted on: Friday, September 7th, 2012 at 2:36 pm
Are you planning to construct a new home for your family? Well, if you are, then it will be great if you go in for green home construction. Here are some tips to construct an eco-friendly home. Firstly, construct your house with natural materials. The natural materials are renewable, non-toxic and easy on the pocket. Recycling the building materials is also a very good idea. Building smaller houses will mean that maintaining a green home will become easier.
To reduce the long term cost of green homes you should build the house in such a manner that it’s heating and cooling cost is reduced. Including the greywater system is indeed a good, long term cost reduction solution. Building the system is not that expensive and the water from it can be used for showering or washing your clothes. When constructing the house, incorporate natural lights as much as possible. It will save you a lot of money.
How to build a bio dome
Posted on: Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 at 11:36 am
Are you planning to build a bio dome at home? Well, a bio dome is a miniature ecosystem and it allows your kids to learn about the basic eco cycles. Here are some tips to build the bio dome. First, take a container and put pebbles for up to 2 inches in it. This will let the plants drain properly. Second, on top of the pebbles, sprinkle a layer of activated charcoal. The activated charcoal keeps the air and water inside the bio dome clean.
Third, on top of the activated charcoal put a layer of sphagnum moss. On top of the moss put a layer of potting soil. The layer should be at least 2 inches. Next, pot the plants in the soil. The potting soil should be water well with distilled water. Put the lid on your homemade bio dome and put the container in a place where the plant will receive adequate sunlight.
Why switching over to green construction material is a good idea
Posted on: Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 at 10:07 am
You can switch over to using green construction materials and reduce the cost of building your house. Using green materials for house building has its own advantages. You become more eco friendly and at the same time minimize the costs. Use solar roofs, LED lights and water efficiency kits to aid in the process.
The water efficiency kits help you to convert rain water into toilet water. Solar roofs can be expensive but once you invest in it, you can use it for 20 years minimum if not more. You can also repay the cost incurred in 10 years. Your house should be built in such a way that it has good draft protection. This means that the air infiltration rates will be low. Also your house should have the highest R values.
Using energy efficient products like SIPs or Structural Insulated Panels, Spray Foam Insulation, Photovoltaic- Solar Energy etc are really good. You can use energy efficient windows too.
Eco-friendly materials used for construction
Posted on: Tuesday, March 29th, 2011 at 5:59 am
Environment purification is the most vital mission today. It is the time to go green, even while constructing a building. The use of environmentally friendly products for construction is the new trend and it is cost effective too.
Today, large amount of paints are available which are made up of non-toxic chemicals. If you are sensitive about environment, these products are perfect for your walls, staircases, bathrooms, etc. You can use recycled metals or reclaimed wood as building materials. The traditional insulation is replaced by non-toxic one. The green insulation is done with the help of a mixture of denim materials and recycled cotton. Cabinets and countertops made of non-toxic materials like wood, recycled glass chips and quartz are available also.
Eco friendly linoleum is even possible now. You can use stones, reclaimed wood, bamboo, recycled glass, tiles, etc. for flooring. Choose materials which can be disposed off easily and brings less chemicals home.
Eco-friendly construction material
Posted on: Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010 at 1:58 pm
While building a house, we are destroying countless innocent lives of small animals. Yes, it is an unavoidable deed which every one of us dreams to perform. There is nothing we can do to stop that but at least we can try to build our house in an eco-friendly manner using greener elements.
The instant materials which we use today are simply harmful towards our mother earth. So here are a few products which can be effectively used in building houses which at the same time have no effect on pollution or global warming.
For fencing and decking purposes, we use plywood and cements which are highly harmful to the environment so instead of those we can use bamboo sticks and naturally obtained adhesives. We can build the foundation walls using stones which are easily obtained rather than using cement stones and ash stones which increase global warming. Similarly we can use other products like Yurt and Cobb to make this earth a better place.
Green patio furniture
Posted on: Saturday, October 30th, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Haven’t we already done enough harm to the environment to skip a little bit while buying patio furniture? If this piece of furniture is supposed to stay out of the house in the patio, close to the greenery, it ought to be eco-friendly; otherwise God will save you from the irony. So here are some of the green patio ideas for an efficient healthy relationship between your furniture and the environment:
- The furniture should be made of a recyclable material, should expose human to minimum harmful chemicals and should be durable or capable of being reused.
- Get the furniture made of plastic that are 100% recycled. You can often get the ones that look like wood but aren’t in real, hence avoiding the toxic contents of arsenic, copper sulphate and creosote.
- Recycled aluminium patio furniture is another great choice. It is easily reusable and recyclable.
Eucalyptus lawn furniture is another eco-friendly option as they are renewable, durable and incur low maintenance cost. Eucalyptus is also not a threatened species of tree, thanks to the sustainable harvest-plans.
Choosing Green Kitchen Remodels
Posted on: Wednesday, September 29th, 2010 at 9:00 am
Kitchens can be an excellent medium for individuals who look to go green remodels. Kitchen is a very private place and to go for a green remodeling of the whole set up can be a good option to start with for those who are looking for greener home.
Going green but settling for low quality stuffs, or sacrificing styles and looks, and the comfort level of the product can be criminal. This compromise can turn out to be counter productive and can actually back fire. Always select the right option and stay safe. Here are some points you can look forward to.
• Install adequate and proper insulation. Insulation balances indoor temperatures thus making for a more comfortable kitchen.
• Green flooring is best possible option. Bamboo, recycled content ceramic tile, cork, stone flooring tile, and other hard wood stuffs are the best products for flooring.
• Custom cabinetry is the best option. There can be no substitute to “made-to-order” stuffs. In this world of fashionable cabinets nothing in the world can beat the class and quality of the custom cabinetry.
Choosing Green Basement Remodels
Posted on: Monday, September 27th, 2010 at 9:00 am
If truth be told there is no perfect cost related to the green remodel. A green basement remodel happens to be one of the cheapest and easiest ways to add to the efforts of reducing green house emission.
Working on basement remodel can be tricky and cumbersome given the paucity of space and high degree of moisture hazards. It is also a challenge to meet the desired challenges related to the ductwork and the plumbing work. Now, adding to the whole difficulty is the demand to meet the high green remodel standard and energy efficiency.
If truth be said then actual cost needed to remodel basements can never be reached. It actually depends on the amount of efficiency the homeowner desires. But choosing to go green with the basement remodel can be a costly proposition all right. Green remodel ser up guarantees a substantive reduce of your utility and energy costs, though you may have to make large investment to start with.
Comprehensive Green Remodeling: Less Known Facts
Posted on: Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 at 9:00 am
Green has successfully become a rage and is now a cultural phenomenon. Everyday you see or hear a media house campaigning fiercely for the green movement. Anyone who is well versed with the on going scenario will know that energy saver bulbs, tubes, heater, paints and many other agents are in the top running for efficient green movement. Having said that there are other ways and means which if imposed can also help in the green campaign.
The most common cry form environmental activist is to save trees. Now, it is a little known fact that the trees like sub tropical rain forests and redwood can actually help you in a major way. The woods from these trees are effective and efficient in saving energy and hence it is advisable to use them instead of going for any random selection. While remodeling always look to select shops, for purchase, near to your home because that will help reduce transportation cost and cause waste of energy efficiency.